Friday, September 12, 2014

First post.

I have been thinking of starting a blog for a long time.  Mostly I have hesitated because I don't like the word "blog."  Also, I couldn't think of a good name for a blog that wasn't taken.  But, an overwhelming desire to document solutions to various problems in a persistent and accessible way was the forcing function that enabled me to finally overcome those petty obstacles.

I think this blog is going to be mostly technical in nature, and will probably focus on IT-related issues.  I might use it to discuss my other hobbies, which include, and are mostly limited to, photography and cars.  I'm going to do my best to not label or organize it.  I want it to have a nice 1990's, "Web 1.0", web-ring kind of a feel to it.  I'm off to a bad start already because I'm using Blogger--but convenience, laziness, and all.

Finally, I expect that no one will ever read this first post, and should anyone ever end up here besides myself, it will have been a result of a panicked Google search in an effort to solve a problem that I have already run into, written about, and hopefully solved.  I hope that you find your solution to whatever problem we might have had the misfortune of sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment